Worked as the Lead Environment Artist in the German office building up the team, working on the planets in Star Citizen as well as larger landing zones in the persistent universe.
Our team works closely with the engineers further developing our planet technology and pipeline as well as building the content for these locations.
- taking areas in multiple levels from whitebox to final quality
- composing and dressing environment scenes
- modeling and texturing high quality 3D assets
- optimizing for performance
- involved with researching and evaluating art pipeline improvements
- being involved with pre-production and concept discovery
- mentoring and training interns/junior team members
Worked part-time as a lecturer, lecturing Unreal Engine 3 and modeling/texturing using 3ds Max and Photoshop. During student projects I functioned as an adviser & mentor for the art teams.
Worked remotely with an international team on Duke Nukem: Reloaded, a revision of the original Duke Nukem 3D with support and license from Gearbox Software. Responsible for environment assets and 3D props. Project unfortunately canceled.
Started as an intern 3d artist in February and continued as 3d artist during the summer. Worked on 3d environments for 3 Nintendo DS titles.
- modeling and texturing entire levels from blockout to finished state
- animating simple environment pieces
- using vertex color to paint in lighting information, shading and color variation
- optimizing performance, testing and bug fixing